Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Dropping you a Line

>> Monday, July 24, 2017



Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a great weekend! Today I am on my way to VA to visit with family and celebrate some birthdays. It's always fun to celebrate with family. My card today features two new stamps from DRS Designs: Dropping you a line greeting and the Silhouette Palm Trees. I just can't get enough of this new palm tree image. It is so fun to use!

I started with some watercolor paper, stamped the silhouette palm trees with Versafine Onyx ink, heat embossed with clear EP and then used various TH Distress Oxide inks to create the sky and water. Once the inks dried I stamped the greeting with Versafine Onyx ink. The proud fisherman was stamped into white CS with Memento black ink, colored with Copics and fussy cut. The frame was die cut with nesties and sponged with the same distress inks as the sky. Before attaching it to the card base I stamped the fishing pole with Verafine Onyx ink. The fisherman and his catch were added with foam squares.

Here's a look at the inside of the card:


The big mouth bass was stamped with distress ink and the Good things come greeting was stamped with Versafine Onyx ink.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out all the new images at DRS Designs.

Blessings,
shelia

7 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a great way to use that new palm tree image, Shelia. Awesome soft colors too. Fab way to combine all these awesome images into a great card. Love it. Hugz

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How cute, Shelia! Love the little fisherman in front of the palm trees.Great colors & framing on this.

Karin said...

This is just darling! I might fish if I could do it at the location on your card...lol! You created a great setting!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Shelia! Wonderful sunrise and I love how you put the fishing pole in back of the fisherman - for a minute I though it came that way!

Robin Clendenning said...

Your card is so cute!! I love the little fisherman and what a setting for him to be fishing at!! I'd like to go fishing there, it looks very tropical!

Samantha said...

I can almost feel that sunset on this fun card, Shelia. I agree with Robin. Let's go there! Great card!

Janett said...

What a great ideal to use the fish with the palm tree border. Beautiful card.

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP